It was a great day at church. In primary the kids learned all about prophets. I guess they did quite well at a prophet matching game from what their teachers said. Meanwhile, we talked about Elder Wirthlin's last conference talk about laughing about life, realizing blessings, attitudes in trials, etc. It was a great to go over this talk because it is one of my favorites. After church I took the kids on a walk. I made them bundle up in their coats and put a blanket over their legs while they rode in the wagon. They have decided to play this new game lately where they pull the blanket over their heads the whole time we are walking. We use this blue blanket, so they look like a blue camel's back. They are just these two little humps cruising around behind me in the Radio Flyer wagon. They asked me for some real keys lately, so I found them both some useless old keys and key chains. When they weren't riding in the wagon, they were fighting the bushes with their keys and pretending they were getting the "bad guys." Apparently I must have been reading to them about "Don Quixote" without knowing it. It sounds an awful lot like him fighting windmills and thinking they were dragons or whatever.
- Today the kids were pretty good in church, but were a little too loud. I had to keep asking them to "shhhhh" because they weren't listening. Just before someone was actually going to say the sacrament prayer, T said, "DAD, STOP SAYING SHHH, SHHHH, SHHH, SHHH ALL THE TIME, IT IS SO ANNOYING!" I am sure everyone heard because it was dead quiet for the prayer.
- I was talking to the kids tonight about how blessed we are. I was telling them that there are lots of people that do not have a warm house to live in, cars to drive, toys to play with, clothes to wear, or even food to eat. T responded, "oh, that would stink!" A then said, that their "mommy gave some money to a man that didn't have anything to eat, but he did have a house in hell." Needless to say I was quite surprised by this response and had to keep from laughing. I explained that I was sure the person doesn't live in hell because that is only where Satan lives. I also told her that we probably should not use that word because it is not a very good one. She said, "okay, then I don't need to talk about where the man lives then."


