So I went to the gym the other night. I normally just use the machines and stay away from the free weights. For one part of my workout I use the hand held weights. I was waiting and waiting as these 3 girls were talking right in front of them. I really did not want to disturb them. Finally I figured they were going to be there a while. I came over to them and politely said, "excuse me." Before I could finish, one of the girls said, "no,no,no.....that is not why we come to the gym. We are not here to be hit on, we really just come to work out. I know that no guys think that any girls ever do that, but its true, so please do not hit on us." I responded, "okay, well I wasn't going to hit on you, and I promise I still won't if I could just get a couple of the weights there that are right behind you." She sort of pulled an attitude as she walked away, but still looked pretty red faced to me. I was laughing as I thought to myself, "I don't think I have ever walked up to anyone I don't know and started hitting on them. Secondly, my first time of doing that would not be when I am sweating like a pig, look like crap, and feeling good about myself because I just bench pressed 4 pounds." Obviously God must realize how important laughter is in my life. He constantly blesses me with these experiences.
- T was playing with this UNO attack game we have. Anyone who has played it knows you push a button and this machine shoots out some cards. It was jammed and was not shooting out the cards. When T was expressing his dismay, A politely said, "well, just keep practicing."
- I asked A what she wanted for lunch. She at first said, "I don't know." I then asked her if she wanted a bunch of food which I knew she didn't like. In her laughing voice she said, "No, Daddy I think I want a peanut butter and 'jell-o' sandwich." She then started laughing really hard and said, "I just said jell-o!"
- T had some M&Ms that I really didn't want any of. I just teasingly pretended that I did. I said, "hey, let me have some of those M&Ms." He said, "no thank you." I pretended to have a sad face because he wouldn't share. He all the sudden yelled to the other room and said, "HEY A, DADDY NEEDS YOU TO COME IN HERE AND CHEER HIM UP, HE IS PRETENDING TO BE SAD!"
- Any one who has read much of my blog knows that the kids love to wrestle with me. I often am lying on my back as they attack and jump on me. Let's just say I have to make sure they don't hit sensitive areas. When there was a close call, I only told A to, "please be careful." T said, "yeah A you can't jump right there, boys have a penis don't you know!" A responded, "oops, sorry Daddy." A little more blunt then I was looking for, but I guess he made things pretty crystal clear.


