Here is T eating his gourmet meal. It may be expensive, but my kids are worth it. From the look on his face, he was checking out some girl holding her Mom's hand on the way out of the store.
As a parent I think there are times when you are not as good as you could be. I am not talking of any sort of neglect or abuse, just lacking where you could be better. Lately, I have felt that I was not living up to all I should be. I reevaluated, rededicated, and took this day to set things right. I did my best to have a focus on A and T day (at least as much as I could). We rode bikes all morning. Sadly, we then had to run some errands out of necessity. However, while we were out, we had Costco pizza, and then tonight we headed to Boondock's before I took them to their Mom's. One of the things we did was use a whole bunch of tokens we had left over from a previous time. What would you think most 4 year olds would spend most of their tokens on? What, you didn't guess "Deal or No Deal!?!!" It was so awesome. I had them play it just for fun the first time. I let them pick ALL the cases and didn't even touch the game. They had so much fun the first round, and they scored the 5th highest amount of tickets. The second game they scored the 2nd highest amount of tickets. It goes without saying, that they ended up walking out with quite a few prizes from the ticket counter.
- Yesterday, T was not feeling well, so A and I just had some Daddy/Daughter time. We took out our umbrella and went for a walk. As we were walking, A told me all about a new song that she learned in Primary. She began to sing it, but needed some help. It was the song that says, "Pioneer children sang as they walked...." We were singing it together when I finally noticed that she was singing, "PRIMARY children sang as they walked...." Once again, it was too cute (especially under the circumstances) for me to correct her.
- T and I were wrestling a little bit this morning. He never seems to be able to get enough. As I have said before he loves to laughingly trash talk when we wrestle. Today he said, "oh, you are pretty tough for a big bag of M&M's" (referring to my Halloween costume).
- After they ate their lunch the kids wanted to look at the toys at Costco. We wandered up and down the isles. T was looking at the South side of the isle. A was looking at the North side of the isle. All of the sudden she found a "Speed Racer" car track. She said, "T look over here, I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed!"


