the first FIVE years

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Body Worlds 3/Madagascar 2

Yesterday afternoon I went with a friend to the Body Worlds 3 exhibit. I have never really heard of Body Worlds 1 & 2, but I am sure they happened somewhere. The exhibit really was incredible. I could not believe all that they were able to show. It is amazing how complex the human body is. It still amazes me that a woman's body can develop this infinitely complex person in only 9 months. I am so sure this is all from evolution! Normally I just respectfully disagree with people, but in this case I have to say "what a load of crap!" Going to that kind of an exhibit only strengthens my belief in a supreme being. In my mind, there is no way that all the different necessary systems just came together. Now that I've jumped back off my soap box, it really was amazing. Many people I have talked to thought they would get too queasy at the exhibit and so they don't want to go. Here is the deal. If you get sick when the advertisements come on, it is not a good idea to go. If you are generally fine with them, I would chance it. You will probably find it worth your time and money. It is quite the experience. Here is the website theleonardo.org for people wondering what on earth Body Worlds 3 even is.



Today while I was winterizing the boat :( , the kids wanted to ride their bikes. I know it is probably pretty funny to watch a kid ride their bike with a heavy winter coat on, but that is what they wanted to do. Later, this evening I decided to take the kids to Madagascar 2. I really liked it and thought it was a great movie. The kids really enjoyed it, and I laughed plenty. What more can you ask from a kids show? The penguins and the king are definitely my favorite in both of these movies. After the movie was over, I asked the kids what their favorite parts were (I am not giving any of the movie away). T said his favorite part was when the lion and the zebra said they were sorry and were friends again. A said she was just glad when all the animals were together. I was blushing because I was so proud, we rode the whole way home in complete bliss, and............it only took 2 minutes in the house before T was pestering A, and A was hitting T. As I was saying, I was so proud of them, and that car ride home was complete bliss.

  • In the lunch prayer today, T blessed our clothes. I was thinking that was a great idea. Why didn't I think of that? Bless their clothes to grow as they grow, always be in style, never wear out, and get short or long sleeves depending on the weather.
  • A pretended to give me a million dollars. I asked her what I was supposed to do with a million dollars. She said, buy yourself a new fancy truck..........or......even a BALL! Yeah, that is about the same price range.
  • T knows how to get the most out of our shampoo. When he is in the shower and he notices the bottle is about half empty, he fills the rest with water. I kept wondering how my shampoo was getting so watered down. I kept trying to figure out how on earth water could be getting in there. T proudly explained how he made some more shampoo this morning (he showed me the bubbles and everything) when I was helping him out of the shower.

Who is Visiting?