Sunday, November 2, 2008
Struggling
People sometimes ask how I can be so happy all the time. Well today I am going to burst their bubble. I am here to tell you that I have plenty of struggles and inner turmoil. Lately I have just felt like I am getting knocked down a lot. I feel as though I am being assaulted on several fronts. Life has seemed to hit hard, and I have found it harder and harder to stand back up. The worst part is that with each passing day, it seems more and more challenges seem to come. I often feel as though it will never get better. I know you are probably thinking, "who on earth would ever put this on a blog?!!!" Why, you ask, am I choosing to share all of this for anyone with an internet connection to read? It is a sincere effort to share hope to anyone facing similar struggles (as we all do). I don't consider anything that I have felt lately to be insignificant, however, I know others face so much more. At the beginning of each day we get to start over. As the old saying goes, "the sun will come out tomorrow." That does not mean that circumstances are different from the night before. One thing can be changed though, our outlook and our attitude. Sometimes I have taken advantage of that fresh start, other times it has been harder. I have had to work to shift my focus from the things that cause me pain and anguish to the things that create feelings of hope, sunlight, and peace. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED! There are certainly things that anyone could find lacking in my life, but there is no doubt in my mind that I have been blessed. Just to name a few: I have two amazing kids, an amazing family, food to eat, clothes to wear, a roof over my head, a knowledge of the gospel, a working body, employment, vast opportunities, and certainly not least, I have been associated with all of you in one way or another. Whether we are closer friends, who hang out occasionally, or whether your only contact with me is to read my blog occasionally, I just want to thank you. You have all in some way or another touched my life for the better. I am a better person because I have known you and I am grateful for every association whether long or brief, small or big. Your example only makes me want to shine for others and light the night when they are experiencing dark times. Finally, I have a friend who is my constant companion. He is there for me through anything, and He has actually felt all that I am feeling. There is no miracle cure for the pain that we sometimes feel. However, there is someone who can work miracles in our lives if we allow Him to. How can I get my head so buried in the sand? I have been given endless blessings. I know that no matter what I face today, it is not permanent. The sun WILL come out tomorrow, I just need to shift myself into a place where I am able to feel its warmth.


