Today, my brother and his two daughters, my sister and her friend, and the kids and I all ran in the Sandy City Turkey Trot 5K. It was a ton of fun! I was just going to run and have Grandma and Grandpa watch the kids on the side lines for a little bit. I then felt like they would feel left out, so I pushed them in the trailer/jogging stroller while I ran. I think all three of us really loved it. It was so much more fun to do with the kids. The whole race the kids kept asking if we were going to win, and constantly "encouraged me" to go faster. I had to explain that anyone who participates is a winner. We were not by any means fast. We finished in 30 minutes and 31 seconds. We were in 11th place for the 25-29 year olds, and 90th finisher overall out of 300 or so people. I was still proud of myself. I didn't set out to be first place anyway, plus I was pushing 100 pounds of extra weight (it was even sometimes harder to hold it back on the down hills). For anyone wondering, I was not talking about my 100 pounds of extra weight, I was talking about the stroller and kids. It was worth it to complete the race with the kids by my side the whole time. They are such champs!
Tonight our awesome friends invited us down for dinner. We had so much fun with them, and they were so good to us. It was so fun to hang out with all of them and get reacquainted. The kids and I had a ton of fun hanging out with all of them.
- As I said, I told the kids that we won.....just like everyone else. As we were driving home, A asked what our prize was for winning the race. They handed out bananas, bottles of water, and granola bars for everyone at the end of the race. I told the kids we won a banana and a granola bar. The kids both thought that was the funniest "prize" ever and could not stop laughing.
- When we were at our friends' house tonight, my friend was teasing T that he wanted a new car. T happened to be playing with this little car toy that belonged to their one year old. He quickly offered it to my friend as if to fulfill his wish.


