the first FIVE years

Monday, November 17, 2008

Lots to say...Lots of people wishing I wouldn't talk..

My Mom made and sent the kids and I another card. This one is for Fall/Thanksgiving. I am constantly amazed at her artistic ability (as I have none) and the time she takes for each one of us.

Tonight I went to the new James Bond movie. I give it two thumbs up. It was probably more intense than any 007 movie I remember, but it was very well done. The acting was great and the story was excellent. Just like the last James Bond movie, it was really minimalist and relied more on a good plot and heavy acting then heavy wizardry. I highly recommend it to anyone (as if most everyone is not going to see it anyway). I am not going to give anything away, but I really liked it when the character "Jaws" comes back. I also really liked the cameos of all the past James Bond actors. The death of Q was pretty sad though. NAH! I am just kidding, none of that stuff was in there!

BLIND DATE UPDATE...

Anyone who read about my awesome blind date experience (not so awesome date herself) may want an update. The person who set me up finally returned my phone calls. He said that "she is currently dating someone, but he would love to set me up with this other girl." I finally got him to admit that she really did not have fun at all. He finally told me that she said she "did not think I was what she was looking for".....GEE you think! As far as my friend's offer to set me up again, I was half tempted just so I would have another great story to tell. I finally declined though and told him that maybe he should not set anymore people up.....Just a thought, since we're being honest.

WORKING OUT = WEIGHT LOSS

I have been religiously working out for the last month at the gym, usually for at least 2 hours/6 days a week. I weighed myself four weeks ago because I was curious. I did not get on the scale again until today. So, how much weight did I lose? None! I weigh 4 pounds HEAVIER! That's just the way it is with me. I never really lose "weight" and I am never going to be a super tiny person. Sure, everyone always says that bologna line, "well muscle weighs more than fat!" Yeah, apparently 4 pounds more than fat! Sounds suspiciously like me getting told I was "husky" or "big boned" as a child because everyone was too polite to call me fat (well, except the MEAN kids)! With me, surprisingly enough, fat and muscle seem to weigh about the same! My actual weight does not really change that much. There is just a definite difference in my Crisco to muscle content. The bottom line is, relatively speaking, the scale means almost nothing (hence the reason I haven't used it for 4 weeks). I have loved watching the physical results and watching the tone slowly coming out in my muscles. I really love how good it feels both physically and mentally. By the way, you can still call me husky or big boned, if it makes you feel good.....

Who is Visiting?