the first FIVE years

Friday, November 7, 2008

Clothes Shopping

Today the kids mostly just played around the house. This afternoon and evening we ran some errands including shopping for more winter clothing for the kids. I think it is hilarious to watch people out of the corner of my eye, as they watch me shop with the kids for their clothes. Everyone is constantly looking around for a wife or something. I think they also wonder what guy in their right mind would dare to pick clothes for their little boy and girl.......maybe they just feel sorry for the kids. Someone could say I am imagining all of this, however I have had quite a few people say things that make it clear I am not. Whatever they are thinking, it is hilarious to watch their faces.

  • We were driving in the car today and T was explaining something. I told him he was right. He then said, "I am very smart!" I agreed with him and told him that indeed he is smart. A said, "what about me, I mean I am even a bug expert, doesn't that matter?" I told her that she is "very smart as well, and that everyone needs a bug expert!" I don't know what made her a bug expert, or what made her think of that. However, if she wants to claim to be a bug expert, then she is a bug expert in my mind!
  • T was playing their learning games on the computer today. I bought the program at Target. It is called "Jump Start Advanced, Kindergarten." I have been really impressed with it so far and amazed at how easy it is to use and how much it teaches. There are four CD's, 1. fundamentals, 2. animal field trip, 3. arts and crafts, 4. pet playground. Today T was playing the animal field trip. He suddenly was playing as a deer bucking antlers with another deer to defend his territory. The best part is after you win, the deer says, "thanks for helping me defend my territory. Don't worry about my broken antlers, it will grow back, it is called regeneration." T said, "oh you're welcome Bambi!" He was cracking me up, because he also kept cheering the deer on. I thought that this particular part of the game was a little weird quite honestly. I mean what happens when they learn about polar bears? Do they get to help them kill and eat a baby seal? Despite this one part, I would highly recommend the software to anyone.
  • Today the kids were excited to do something and so we were all hurrying to do it. A was suddenly behind me holding on/pushing me in the rear end. I told her, "how about if we never touch anyone else's bum please." She responded, "okay Daddy, but it is like handles and it is right there in front of me." Oh, I guess that makes it all okay then! Maybe I will go up to some girl and grab her rear end. Just before she slaps me across the face, I will explain what A just did to me. That ought to keep me from having a black eye.......for a half a second at least.

Who is Visiting?