They’ve Given All
Today I went to the home of two patients
whom I’ve visited so often before
I had been wondering how they were doing
when I was asked to go there once more
Two teen ladies claimed this home
they’ve been crippled and disabled from birth
I have been able to spend a lot of time there
and have seen their incredible worth
I would bring them medicine and supplies
to their make-shift hospital room
I would spend a few minutes with this family
my work would then always resume
I watched through the years as their parents
tenderly gave them such care
no matter what challenges they faced
Mom and Dad were always there
The room was not filled with all the latest toys
in fact I could never find one
but the home was filled with cheer and laughter
you know these girls had fun
I have often thought of this labor of love
they never uttered a word of complaint
through never ending days, all through the years
I am sure they must have felt faint
The great examples of dedicated parents
can clearly be observed
they show their children a pure, true love
when within their family they have served
So, in a somber mood I went back
to the home I’ve visited so oft
I gathered up all the unneeded equipment
and worked to keep my voice soft
This great set of parents have always done right
their Father’s will to accept
I sadly expressed my condolences at their loss
and they thanked me as we wept
We spoke quietly for a few minutes
they gently shared all that transpired
they now have one daughter in the hospital
for the other, time has expired
I thought of my great kids
the heartache of that situation
I then thought of selfless sacrifice
of devotion and dedication
People of the world tells us
we need to buy our kids this and that
this does not show love to our kids
but instead spoils them into a brat
In this selfish world it seems
a person is judged by all they possess
I must have been taught differently
because that has never defined a success
I feel I have been blessed to watch them
to witness all I was able to see
to see where I could be better as a parent
to be what I know I should be
Today I realized once again for myself
how much I do not give my two
I need to watch for all the little things
and show them all I‘m willing to do
Today I went to the home of two patients
whom I’ve visited so often before
I had been wondering how they were doing
when I was asked to go there once more
Two teen ladies claimed this home
they’ve been crippled and disabled from birth
I have been able to spend a lot of time there
and have seen their incredible worth
I would bring them medicine and supplies
to their make-shift hospital room
I would spend a few minutes with this family
my work would then always resume
I watched through the years as their parents
tenderly gave them such care
no matter what challenges they faced
Mom and Dad were always there
The room was not filled with all the latest toys
in fact I could never find one
but the home was filled with cheer and laughter
you know these girls had fun
I have often thought of this labor of love
they never uttered a word of complaint
through never ending days, all through the years
I am sure they must have felt faint
The great examples of dedicated parents
can clearly be observed
they show their children a pure, true love
when within their family they have served
So, in a somber mood I went back
to the home I’ve visited so oft
I gathered up all the unneeded equipment
and worked to keep my voice soft
This great set of parents have always done right
their Father’s will to accept
I sadly expressed my condolences at their loss
and they thanked me as we wept
We spoke quietly for a few minutes
they gently shared all that transpired
they now have one daughter in the hospital
for the other, time has expired
I thought of my great kids
the heartache of that situation
I then thought of selfless sacrifice
of devotion and dedication
People of the world tells us
we need to buy our kids this and that
this does not show love to our kids
but instead spoils them into a brat
In this selfish world it seems
a person is judged by all they possess
I must have been taught differently
because that has never defined a success
I feel I have been blessed to watch them
to witness all I was able to see
to see where I could be better as a parent
to be what I know I should be
Today I realized once again for myself
how much I do not give my two
I need to watch for all the little things
and show them all I‘m willing to do


