the first FIVE years

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some Ugly Pictures

I have a couple of people that persistently tell me that I need to put pictures of myself on the blog with the ones I post of the kids. What are they crazy? Like I am going to scare off the few readers I have left. Are you serious? When that argument does not work, I tell them that just a month or two ago I included some great yearbook photos. Okay, in reality, some of my problem (conveniently) is that I am the one standing behind the camera with no one to take a picture of the three of us. DARN!, and I so wanted my camera to break! Well, okay, to quiet the (let's be honest....crazy!) people who will not let it go, I have included some pictures of myself. I hope this makes them happy for a couple of seconds before everyone starts running for the bathroom or at least the nearest bucket....

Okay, the real reason I finally relented is for my kids. I have noticed that some of these photos have started to deteriorate over time. Before they went too far, I decided to scan them all in. Since this is like a journal for my kids I try to think of stuff I would want from my parents. Pictures would definitely be a high priority on my list, especially if the printed ones are slowly deteriorating. So here they are.

This picture was taken shortly after my first bar fight...you should see the other guy

I wish I could say that this picture started the downfall of my looks, but it was literally just a bump in the road. I crashed on my Mountain Bike going 40 MPH at a scout camp. I broke my collar bone, crushed three discs in my back, and ground my face and much of the rest of my skin into hamburger.

Have you heard of the movie "Sleepless in Seattle?" Well, this would be the picture of dateless in High School.

A picture of me with my Mission President and his Wife

This picture is posted for two reasons. One, to confirm I am not a liar, and two to confirm what I wrote about the previous high school picture. For those of you who don't know, here is the story. The last dance of my high school career was a girl's choice dance. Surprise! I didn't get asked. I decided I was not going to sit home, so what did I do? I enlisted my three year old niece to go with me. It was seriously so much fun, and I think I got more attention that night, than ever before.

Who is Visiting?