the first FIVE years

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Snow King, Birthday, and Bowling

This morning we had our annual ward Christmas party. It was different in many ways, but it was a great party. We ended up having a morning Christmas program at 10AM with breakfast being served rather than a dinner program. Instead of Santa coming to our ward party, we have an animated person who enjoys dressing up as Santa's twin brother the "Snow King" from the South Pole. He does not have elves, but has trolls. He also plays a ukulele. He did at least hand out candy canes to all the kids. The food was great and it was a fun party.Here is a blurry picture of the Snow King and his two trolls
I took T's picture at the party and at the last minute he held up the peace sign

Here is A loving the party as well


Even more smiles from A



After the party, we had to rush down to take A to her friend's birthday party. They went to an indoor skating rink. They could use roller skates or scooters. I guess A tried the roller skates and liked them, but she especially loved riding her scooter all through the rink. The party was three hours long and she seemed to have a great time.



Since T was not part of the party, he and I found some fun stuff to do while A was at the party. We went bowling at one of the Fat Cats bowling alleys. We had a great time, and every time either one of us would bowl, T was so excited. He even told me I was such a rock star after one of the times. He was the real rock star! After we went bowling, we played a couple of rounds of air hockey, and then we raced the arcade race cars. He actually drove them pretty well, especially considering his leg could not be anymore extended when pushing on the gas pedal. We then washed the car and went to lunch before we headed back to pick up A.

Here is T enjoying his turkey sandwich from Hogi Yogi


I know it is turned funny, but look at the final scores. T's score is the top one. He wasted me! He not only got two spares in the normal frames, but on the tenth frame he got a spare, followed by a strike. His score was 106. I got a strike on the first part of the 10th, but could not manage the spare. I got beat by 16 points. As I said, what a rock star!

Here is the bowling champ



  • T and I were talking and he was saying that I don't get to do something because I'm a dolt. I had to correct him and let him know that I am not really a dolt, but an adult.

  • A was playing, making lots of things as she always loves to do. Tonight when I asked her what she was making, she told me she was just finishing up her "star resume." I asked her what a star resume was. She said, "it is a resume about stars, silly." I guess the working world is getting pretty competitive if my 4 year old is already working on her resume.

  • I sort of tripped today just as I was releasing the ball while bowling. T said, "wow Dad, that was awesome, I have never seen anyone try that before!"


Who is Visiting?