the first FIVE years

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Kids Might be Cocky....

When the kids are told they are smart, they know it’s true.
Someone says they’re good looking, they see it through and through.

If they are told “good job!” they might say “you bet!”
People ask of their abilities, with confident replies they are met.

When you ask if they can do something, they’re never shy.
In most cases their confidence seems, in never-ending supply.

While I want to see confidence, some of this causes me slight alarm.
I worry as they get older, too much of this attitude may lose its charm.

There is one area in which I love their confident reply;
an area in which I never want, a bit of confidence to die.

I tell them “I LOVE YOU,” and no matter what’s happened that day,
“I know, and I love you too Dad,” is the phrase my kids sweetly say.

Time and time again, this phrase melts my heart;
confidence in this area, I must forever work to impart.

Who is Visiting?