Parking at Target was a little rough today, but we found a spot. Thank goodness I spent all that time straightening the Dealership lot as a teenager! This dog said he'd keep an eye on the car until we came back out.Daily life is about all that has happened lately. I thought I would have all of this free time lately in the mornings with finals being over. Needs at my work altered that quite a bit (not that I am complaining). This is probably our busiest time of year. Doctors release as many patients as they can from the hospitals so they can be with family. Needless to say, many people then need medical equipment in their homes. After the holidays are over, we end up picking up quite a bit of medical equipment from the same patients. So, instead of waking up and going to the gym in the mornings on the days the kids are not with me, I have been going to work. Tuesday I worked 14 hours, Wednesday 16 hours, and Thursday 12 1/2 hours. All those days when you looked out your window and thought, "only a fool would be driving around in this weather," I want you to know that I was your fool for at least 300 miles a day! Needless to say, this has caused my gym sessions to remain at the 11PM-1AM hours. At the end of my workout, I even invited another guy shooting some hoops in the gym to play some games of one on one. As we were playing, I was laughing that there was actually another person who might be interested in playing basketball at 1AM.
Today the kids and I did a little bit of Christmas shopping. It is so cool to see them so badly want to give to others. They are so concerned with what we should get the people on our list. The kids and I have done a few things so that they can see how much more important it is to give, then to have all that we want. After we were done slipping and sliding through the roads, we made it home just in time for me to snowblow. I am not complaining about snow blowing, because it is so much better than breaking my back with a shovel. I do have to say, that I hate having to shower 50 times a day because of the gas stench. It seems to permeate everything! I am really excited that we are going to have a very white Christmas. I can't wait to take the kids out to build a snowman and go sledding now that they finally seem to be over their cold. They have loved just wearing their boots the last couple of days. I can't wait to put them in their snow pants and have them walk around like that little kid on the "Christmas Story." They only need a little help getting back up after they make snow angels.
- A was pretending to be a dentist today, including pretending to brush the teeth of her dolls and toys, while playing. She wanted T to play too, but he was too busy doing something else. A said, "T, I thought you would be impressed that I am a pretend dentist, but you aren't even impressed." A little while later, she said, "I am cold, but I am just a pretend dentist, real dentists do not even get cold." I was unaware of that fact.......but you learn something new every day.
- Out of nowhere today, A said, "Mommy has a Clorox wand in her bathroom, but there is not one in mine. I really hope she uses it on my toilet while I am with you Daddy."
- Right after prayers, as I was about to tuck the kids into bed, T told me he didn't want to go to bed. I said to him that some people do not have beds. I further told him that one way in which we can show how thankful we are for our beds is by going right to sleep at bed time. Both of them, then asked, "do people really not have beds for real?" I said, "yeah, remember how we talked that some people don't have all the blessings that we have?" They said, "yeah." I said, "well some people don't have beds too." In the most sincere, sweet voice ever, T said, "well, we have lots of rooms and beds at our house, maybe we could invite someone who doesn't have a bed to sleep in one of ours." I don't cry a lot (okay, that is a lie, I boob all the time), but I shed a few tears at what amazing, thoughtful kids I have been entrusted with by a loving Heavenly Father.


