The kids and I finally headed over to the park to go sledding today. It seems like the weather, timing, sickness, or all the above has prevented us from going very much this year. We had a great time though, and were there for a couple of hours. The kids even made a bunch of snow angels before we left the park. After walking up the big (slippery) hill a couple of times I told the kids to just find my huge footprints from times before and step in them. That way, they would not slip. Just after I told them that, I had another ADD moment. While I am in NO WAY comparing myself to the Savior, I believe that is exactly what he tells us. "Follow my footprints and walk in them, they are the only safe way. If you should step out of them, you may slip, stumble or fall."
Tonight we saw the new movie "Bed Time Stories." I thought it was pretty good, and the kids really liked it as well. As I was watching with the kids, I was thinking. It is good, but also sad that my kids are growing up so fast. It was not that long ago that they would not even watch a non-animated movie. I was also pleasantly surprised that any Adam Sandler movie could be that clean.
- During the movie, A honestly asked, "Why is his head shaped like an oval?" about Adam Sandler. I thought it was hilarious because I think they even make fun of his head shape in "50 First Dates" or something.
- As we were eating lunch today, the kids were talking about how some people choose to act bad. T then said, "Satan is the king of the bad people, but Heavenly Father and Jesus are the kings of all the good people and things. I want to be a king like Heavenly Father and Jesus, not Satan."
- In a sincere way, A asked if, "Jesus glows with light like the temples do at night." I thought it was so sweet and I told her, "yes, he does for sure."


