This poem was inspired by my sweet kids and their love for our Savior Jesus Christ (read the previous post to understand further).
If I was there when Pilot asked, “Whom shall I crucify?”
“Set my Lord and Savior free!” I would loudly cry.
If I saw someone mocking, and laughing in Thy face,
I would block Thee from their view, with a rapid pace.
If I was there for Thy whipping, to see Thy flesh torn apart,
I would do anything to stop them, before it could ever start.
If I was there when they nailed to Thee, a cross for Thee to bear,
I would grab away the hammer, before a nail could make one tear.
I would easily lay down my life, to lift the cross from Thee,
surely there is no question, Thou has done so much more for me.
But, I was not there, it can’t be changed, Thou bore it still the same,
I love Thee Lord, I thank thee, and forever celebrate Thy name.
So in this season, we celebrate, Thy ever spectacular birth,
our Heavenly Brother sent to us, because he saw in us such worth.
“Set my Lord and Savior free!” I would loudly cry.
If I saw someone mocking, and laughing in Thy face,
I would block Thee from their view, with a rapid pace.
If I was there for Thy whipping, to see Thy flesh torn apart,
I would do anything to stop them, before it could ever start.
If I was there when they nailed to Thee, a cross for Thee to bear,
I would grab away the hammer, before a nail could make one tear.
I would easily lay down my life, to lift the cross from Thee,
surely there is no question, Thou has done so much more for me.
But, I was not there, it can’t be changed, Thou bore it still the same,
I love Thee Lord, I thank thee, and forever celebrate Thy name.
So in this season, we celebrate, Thy ever spectacular birth,
our Heavenly Brother sent to us, because he saw in us such worth.


