the first FIVE years

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

To Goatee or not to Goatee, that is the question

So, normally I would not post pictures of myself. I can only imagine all the dry heaving that must take place as soon as anyone sees my face. However, I am looking for some advice from all of you in bloggerdom. I don't really care if you are some blog stalker I don't know, or a close friend. Really if I even remotely know you, I probably would love to know that you read my blog. In fact, I am thinking that only 2 people read it, so if you could prove me wrong that would be fantastic. You can post your opinion as yourself or make it completely anonymous. I am sure you can tell by the title of this post what the question might be. So I am asking for your opinions. I included two pictures one with the new glasses that I picked up Saturday and one without. Comment yes for the goatee and no against the goatee. Also, let's all refrain from stating the blatantly obvious that I am ugly no matter what. You can compare these pictures to the normal one that is at the top left of the blog with the kids.

So, yes I finally got glasses. I have needed them for literally five years. I am sure that I am going to get contact lenses soon. It is not terrible to have glasses, but I do not want to buy prescription sunglasses, deal with the whole swapping glasses, clip-ons, etc. It seems to me at this point that contacts would be much less of a hassle. I do have to let my eyes adjust before I do that though. I have yet to go an entire day wearing them because my brain gets tired from focusing so hard all day. Today was close, but I will just have to keep working at it.

  • Last Friday when we were wiping down the boat and getting it all cleaned up the kids asked why we needed to do all of that. I explained that we need to take really good care of other people's things especially when they are so nice and let us borrow them. I also told them that it was really nice of Grandpa to let us use his boat because it cost a lot of money, so we especially want to treat it nice. Being the curious kids that they are, they asked how much money. I told them how much only because I knew they would not comprehend the number. They would only know that it was a huge number. T said, "Whoa! I bet the price tag was huge, did they have to get some really huge scissors to cut it off with?" Apparently he thinks that the size of a price tag rises in proportion to price. If that is true, I am thinking he has only seen really little price tags for the majority of his life.
  • A was really cute the other day. T was really sad and so A offered to let T cuddle with Milky. If you don't know how special Milky is to A then you can read about it. It was a big deal! You could tell what a sacrifice it was and how much she loves T to be willing to make that sacrifice. I was so proud of her and told her many times that day.
  • T keeps calling me a shepherd now that I have a goatee. I don't know where he thought up that, but he is hilarious. He especially loves to call me that when we are wrestling. He says, "all right you shepherd, now you're going to get it!" I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, but I am thinking he has a career as a stand up comedian one day.

Who is Visiting?