Later in the day the cousins came over to visit. My poor little five year old nephew was stung by one or two wasps twice within a matter of seconds. We soon realized that they had built a pretty big nest in the upright tubes of the swing set. They were swarming all over the place. I felt so bad for him. The kids have been expelled from the backyard until after tomorrow when I can get some wasp spray. I did not have to work to convince them this was the right decision as I have in many other instances. The bright red marks and crying evident in their cousin seemed to be plenty of motivation. It did not stop them from wanting to play in the front yard though!
I laid by each one of the kids tonight to rub their back as they were going to sleep. I could not help but think how much I love them. I thought about the holidays that I have celebrated with them from the 4th of July to Christmas. Really, most of what makes holidays fun are the kids. I love having them with me and watching them see some things for the first time. I love the excitement that they have and the good times that we have together. None of this stuff would be nearly as fun without them.
- T is so funny, because if he is saying something naughty and he starts to get in trouble, he says, "I'm just TEEAASING!" He also does that when he says something funny, and you sort of call him on it. Today at dinner he was saying something weird and I said, "what?" in a laughing voice. He once again said, "I'm only teeaasing!" A then said, "T you are the biggest teaser ever!" I smiled and sort of laughed at how she said this. She then looked at me and said, "Well, it's true!" I said "I know," and was really laughing at this point. If only I could convey how the kids say things, not just what they say, it would be so much more funny.


