So, I have the greatest Dad in the world. If you think that sounds boastful, it is. Anyway, he is a very good businessman, very religious, etc. What almost no one knows about him outside of our family is, he is an in the closet cowboy. He doesn't have the hat or the boots. You will never catch him wearing a 50 inch shiny belt buckle, or wrestling steers on the weekends, but he loves cowboy stuff. He loves old westerners, like John Wayne. He loves rodeos, he loves to ride horses, etc. Because of all of this we have gone to the Days of '47 Rodeo every year since I was five (I am sure we would have gone sooner, but we didn't move here until I was five). He purchases tickets for everyone and we all go and have a great time. In fact, I don't think any of my family living in Utah could say no. I think this is one of the things he most enjoys doing all together. No one would want to miss going to the rodeo with Grandpa and Grandma around the 24th of July because that is what we always do and we always have a good time. So, tonight we went to the annual family rodeo. They hold it at the Nuclear Waste Arena in case anyone is wondering. The kids had a great time eating skittles and kettle corn, playing with their cousins and watching all the action. There is calf roping, steer wrestling, bronco bustin', barrel racing, and finally bull riding as well as bull fighting. A said that her favorite part was when the guy would go into the barrel and the bull would hit the barrel really hard with his horns. She thought it was hilarious. T loved the bull riding and the clowns that steer the bulls away from the rider. We all had a great time.
Friday, July 18, 2008
The Rodeo
So, I have the greatest Dad in the world. If you think that sounds boastful, it is. Anyway, he is a very good businessman, very religious, etc. What almost no one knows about him outside of our family is, he is an in the closet cowboy. He doesn't have the hat or the boots. You will never catch him wearing a 50 inch shiny belt buckle, or wrestling steers on the weekends, but he loves cowboy stuff. He loves old westerners, like John Wayne. He loves rodeos, he loves to ride horses, etc. Because of all of this we have gone to the Days of '47 Rodeo every year since I was five (I am sure we would have gone sooner, but we didn't move here until I was five). He purchases tickets for everyone and we all go and have a great time. In fact, I don't think any of my family living in Utah could say no. I think this is one of the things he most enjoys doing all together. No one would want to miss going to the rodeo with Grandpa and Grandma around the 24th of July because that is what we always do and we always have a good time. So, tonight we went to the annual family rodeo. They hold it at the Nuclear Waste Arena in case anyone is wondering. The kids had a great time eating skittles and kettle corn, playing with their cousins and watching all the action. There is calf roping, steer wrestling, bronco bustin', barrel racing, and finally bull riding as well as bull fighting. A said that her favorite part was when the guy would go into the barrel and the bull would hit the barrel really hard with his horns. She thought it was hilarious. T loved the bull riding and the clowns that steer the bulls away from the rider. We all had a great time.


