Today my amazing parents celebrate their 44th wedding anniversary. They are such great people and I cannot tell you how much I respect and look up to them. As I think of all the things that are seen as well as not seen to make it to 44 years I am in awe. I know of some sacrifices, but I am sure there were many that I will never know of. I am sure they both sacrificed sufficiently in their own wants. Both to make each other happier and more comfortable, and certainly for their children. Yet, I do not think that either of them would view anything they have done as a monumental sacrifice. They have both supported and stood by each other in different circumstances and in every arena of life. They raised seven children with each other. They were always there for each of us. I do not know how on earth they could accomplish such a feat. I feel like I am not there enough for my two kids, I cannot imagine how you make 7 children feel loved, cared about, and important all at the same time. It takes special people to do that. We never went without the necessities of life and we also enjoyed some luxuries. Their home has always been a safe haven and refuge from the world. What great people they are and how I admire and look up to them. I hope that I am lucky enough to find such an amazing eternal companion ONE DAY and build an everlasting life and legacy with her. How lucky I am for the example my parents have always been to me. They have given everything within them to each other and to their family. I am grateful for their love for each other and the patterns they have laid for each one of us. For their gentleness and kindness with their 7 children. For their great love for their daughter-in-laws, and finally for their love and excitement towards their 17 grandchildren. Below are pictures of the posterity they have created. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad.
This is my oldest brother and his wife. They have this little guy and a cute little girl that was born I think in November of 2007.
This is my second oldest brother and his wife and kids. They now have five children with a little girl added in January 2008.
This is my third oldest brother and his wife and kids. They now have 4 children. A little girl was also added to their family in January.
This is my fourth oldest brother (I guess the middle child) and his wife and kids. My sister would follow them. She is third youngest.

This is the brother immediately above me and his wife and kids.
- I told A that my parents were going on a vacation for their anniversary this week. She asked what an anniversary was and I explained it is a celebration of their marriage. I did not get to finish explaining. Her eyes became as big as saucers as she incredulously asked, "you mean they had you and your brothers and sister and they were never even married?!!" Once I stopped laughing, I explained that they were of course married before any of us were born.


