So, last night after work (at 10:45PM) I went with a friend to the new Batman movie, "Dark Knight." I just wanted to let you all know that it was indeed awesome. If any of you have seen "Batman Begins," this is the sequel. What I like WAY more about these movies than the original Batman movies was they are pretty real. A regular person could be Batman, it is not the science fiction type movies that the originals seems to be. The others were not bad, but these ones were way better in my opinion. They may not be for everyone, but I highly recommend you view "Batman Begins," and see if you like it, or if you have seen it, watch it again before you go to "Dark Knight." Anyway, I really, really liked the movie and thought I would give my opinion. I am working on opening up and sharing my feelings more because I have realized what an introvert I am (yeah, I know sarcasm does not translate well in typing).
Today, I feel like I did almost nothing. I ran a few errands, did some things around the house, and took care of a bunch of stuff I have not had a chance to do. I had the day off work for Pioneer Day and the kids have this day with their Mom. This is probably the first day in well over a year that I have not had either work, school, or had the chance to play with the kids. It was a little weird quite honestly. After I did some of the other stuff, I went on a pretty significant bike ride with my brother and sister. That was fun. However, most of the day I just found myself missing the kids. While it was nice to get some stuff done, it is more fun to spend time with my kids. I have realized more and more that holidays are all about kids. As I have had different experiences and grown older in life, I realize the happiest times are not just having everything your own way and doing everything you want to do. If anything happiness comes from the complete opposite. I could have done anything today, but really all I wanted was to play with my kids. I know that to many that would make my life seem really pathetic, but my experiences and age have changed many of my definitions and perspectives.


