Tonight at the fireworks show we attended they only played two patriotic songs in the 30 minutes of fireworks. I thought to myself, "this is unbelievable, what does this other music have to do with our nation's birthday?" I recently learned the history of the song "God Bless America." It is amazing and I invite everyone to learn about it. On the birthday of our country, I found myself thinking how blessed we are. We certainly have so many challenges, political and otherwise, right now. There are so many problems to fix, and I feel that now more than ever before we have drifted far from the vision of our founding fathers. However, we still live in the greatest country on Earth. I believe that God has preserved this country time and time again and kept it a "land of liberty." We are all so blessed to have the freedoms, necessities, and luxuries that this great land through our Eternal Father has afforded us. We must be grateful and show our gratitude for the great blessing it is to be an American. I think if we remember what we are blessed with we and have gratitude in our hearts we are more likely to choose the right. I believe that it is only through wickedness that we would lose the many blessings this land gives unto us. So today on our countries birthday I have great hopes and dreams for our country. Certainly we have a long road, but I think we MUST stand up and be grateful and proud to be Americans. There is no reason to be ashamed of that blessing. I am grateful to say that I am an American. So many (even within) would cast shame and awfulness on this great country of ours. I stand next to the flag with pride and with gratitude. I am grateful for all the generations of time that have fought and continue to fight to make and keep us free. I proudly proclaim that God has blessed this nation and continues to do so. May we not take for granted this land, our rights, our liberties, our freedom, our religion, our families, or anything else that comes from the freedoms we as Americans enjoy. So, I humbly and proudly say, "God Bless America!"


