the first FIVE years

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend in Review

This weekend was fun, but did not contain too many activities outside the house. We did go to the rodeo on Friday night as I mentioned. Friday during the day we of course received another infamous haircut story, but mostly played around the house. Saturday we went shopping for groceries most of the day and played outside as well. We washed and waxed the truck and car (T loves to wipe the wax off and make the cars them "so shiny")and then moved the truck to a different location that is not so accessible to dumb teenage impulses. Other than that, there is not too much new to report. I did not have to take either kid out of Sacrament Meeting today, which was awesome! T freaked out quite a bit about his breakfast waffle in Primary. His sweet teacher actually ran to her house and got him one rather than just having me take care of him. She is so sweet and really amazing with the kids! I think I do need to get him tested for either hypoglycemia or diabetes. While he can be just like any normal kid, most of the time he is really sweet and innocent (possibly quite a bit more than most kids). The only time he really throws huge fits is when he is hungry. Maybe it is just a boy thing, but a few people mentioned that I might want to get him tested. The other morning A came into my room in the wee hours of the morning. She had a bad dream and wanted to lay by me. She tossed and turned and finally asked for chapstick at about 5AM, so I told her where it was. Not wanting to get out of bed, she said, "never mind, I will just get it later." All of the sudden T came into the room (I am sure he was woken up earlier by her crying) and gave A the chapstick and said, "here A." He is a sweet, innocent little boy who loves to help people. He then went immediately back to his bed and back to sleep. That is about all that happened this weekend. While most people would find this mundane life to be completely boring, I love the fun normal times I get to spend with the kids. It is fun to just BE. I love that time with the kids and playing with them, talking to them, and just spending time with them. If you were looking for the "Fabulous Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," you have clearly come to the wrong blog. Although that might explain why I only have like 1 1/2 readers.

  • We were at the store and I allowed the kids to get a huge tub of Winnie the Pooh animal crackers. The kids both said, "thank you." A carried the tub over to the cart. In a very honest voice she said, "no one needs to thank me for carrying them to the cart." It was really funny because that is something most people would say sarcastically. She said it really honestly.

Who is Visiting?