TODAY
This day is over, what things have I done,
have I done big or have I done small?
Was it a bad day or did I have fun,
Was it a bad day or did I have fun,
did I hunch over, or did I stand tall?
Would I be proud, at the end of this day,
Would I be proud, at the end of this day,
am I happy about what I have given?
Or would I think, I have more to say,
Or would I think, I have more to say,
or could I have been much more driven?
Each day I can block the path of another,
Each day I can block the path of another,
I can make the choice, to be a fighter;
why not instead treat all as my brother,
why not instead treat all as my brother,
to strive to make their life brighter?
So I sit, now deep into thought,
So I sit, now deep into thought,
thinking of how I have lived;
I recall battles that I have fought,
I recall battles that I have fought,
I only hope that I have gived.
Some days I think I have done quite well,
Some days I think I have done quite well,
others I may not be sure;
It is only I who can tell,
It is only I who can tell,
a path and life, only I can secure.
But alas, the day is soon gone,
But alas, the day is soon gone,
another starts to ensue;
I now must look, to the bright new dawn,
I now must look, to the bright new dawn,
and decide what I’m going to do.
So from my thoughts, a decision has come,
So from my thoughts, a decision has come,
the past day already gone by;
I will now focus, on not being numb,
I will now focus, on not being numb,
I can spread my wings and fly.
I have decided to live my new time,
I have decided to live my new time,
to live new moments, better than the last;
No matter what, mountains I need climb,
No matter what, mountains I need climb,
even if struggles seem vast.
I can ease the pain, of so many,
I can ease the pain, of so many,
simply, by crossing along their way;
and it won't even cost me a penny,
only pure love on display.
But how, you may ask,
do you follow this path, holding to it, all the while?
The mystery may be easy to unmask,
The mystery may be easy to unmask,
it may be as simple as a smile.


