
Two of the Andersons and T and A by a Corvette I would gladly take home.
A decided last night that she was not really in the mood for sleeping. She woke up about every 20 minutes between 2AM and 5AM and then decided she was completely up for the day at about 6:15AM. Lately they have been waking up around 7:45-8:30AM. So, I think she has felt the effects of a long day. I just felt the effects of some serious whining. This morning we mowed the lawn. We then washed the car on the lawn, which the kids could not seem to get over. We had so much fun that we decided to wash Grandma's car for her as well. The kids loved getting a little spray here and a little spray there. Looks like they are not the only ones who like to make other people's clothes wet after all. After lunch they played at a neighbors house for 30 or 45 minutes. Tonight we went and picked up Grandpa's Father's Day present. Then the Andersons called and invited us to a car show by their house. It was a lot of fun. They had a ton of classic/show cars. Many of you know I don't really like cars (if you really think that I think you may want to smack yourself with a two by four). I have always especially loved Corvettes, old and new, and the 1968-1972 Chevy/GMC Blazers and trucks. What can I say? I am a GM kind of guy, although I am not completely opposed to other cars. I do have a 1972 Ford truck after all. I think the part we all liked the best was the burnout competition. It is great to see other people spend $100 of their money on gas and probably even more on rear tires to make a huge cloud of smoke for everyone. Watching some were funny, while others were down-right amazing. After we had all the meltdowns we could handle (from the kids and the tires, pun intended) we decided to head home. Thanks again to the Andersons for inviting us to hang with them. It is really fun to go and do activities like that and even more fun when they don't cost anyone a dime.
- Tonight I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner. I actually allowed them to get Happy Meals (which I normally do not do). T requested one toy and A requested another. I asked the drive-up speaker if they had each of the toys and could we get them in their Happy Meals. He stated they did and we could. When we got to the window, it was another story, they told me they were out of the toy T requested. I explained the situation to T and he screamed, "Let's never go to this McDonald's again, they are so frustrated (yes, frustrated, not frustrating), and I think that is bisgusting" (you and I may know that as disgusting).
- As we were leaving the car show the kids decided that the tires had done enough of the meltdowns and it was their turn (the whole way to the car!). I told the kids that one or two of the Andersons was not feeling very well and that their screaming was making them feel worse. T said, "how come every time we need to throw a fit, someone does not feel good?" I have found it somewhat of a challenge to discipline my children when some of the funniest comments come as they are "needing" to throw a fit.
- A was eating a popsicle today and when she finished she realized her mouth was a mess. She said, "Daddy can you come help me for a minute?" I stopped washing the car and asked what she needed, she said, "this" and wiped her mouth all over my pants. She then laughed. I asked her what she did that for and told her I was not a napkin. She said, "Daddy those are your junky yard working clothes anyway." I smiled, and told her, "as long as she never does that to my nice clothes then stuff like that is fine." She said, "I won't Daddy." I cannot even believe she knows the difference between my "junky yard working clothes" and my nice clothes, but as long as she respects the boundaries and only pours lemonade all down my nice shorts at the movies, I think we should be okay.


