Friday, June 27, 2008
Boating!
This afte
rnoon, my brother and his family, and the kids and I, all decided to go boating. We got Grandpa's boat (you know, the 2007 one that he bought new last year that HE rarely, if ever, even goes on) all ready. We left the house at about 4:00 this afternoon. We headed up to
Jordanelle and we were there until about 9:30 tonight. Afterwards, we got a quick dinner at Wendy's in Park City and went straight home to bed. The kids had a great time. They both love Grandpa's boat and loved riding in it, riding in the tube, being with their cousins, etc. This was the first time that we have had the boat out this year. When w
e first left the wake less area, we went full throttle, T had the biggest smile in the world as the V8 engine let out its growl and the boat rapidly accelerated. I love that he loves engines and things as much as his Dad. Once the boat was going nearly 50 MPH (think of going about 95 MPH in a car) T let out a huge scream of excitement, followed by A saying "yee-haw!" They are so funny. T loved the tube, the water, and everything. He said, "why don't you let me wake board Dad? How about if I go skiing? I want to try the knee board!" The only reason I would not let him is because all those things are FAR bigger than he is, and his feet would slide right out of most of them. He has skied with me before though, so I am sure we will do it again
next time. T loved just being with his cousins out in the tube with no grown-ups. A loved the tube, but as you can see in the picture we had to LAY (very precariously I might add) because she did NOT like the cold water at all. She was not really scared or anything, just hated the cold water. This is the same child that I find in a jacket or winter coat in the house because the air con
ditioning is too cold for her. Maybe we will take the boat to Lake Powell sometime and she will feel the 70+ degree water and be fine. Just so you know, here is what the pictures show. One is of T with his cousins in the tube (I had to keep telling him to sit down). The next one is A and I laying on the tube (you cannot see her, but my niece is hanging on the back of the other side). The next one is a lucky picture we got of my brother getting some air on the wake board. The next one is just us cleaning and packing up the boat at the end of the day. We wipe it down with apple cider vinegar and rags because that removes hard water spots and keeps the finish nice. Because of shutter lag we did not get any really good shots of me on the wake board (not that I am some great wake boarder or skier anyway). So, I just posted a regular picture of me skiing. It was a lot of fun for all of us, and even with gas being as expensive as it is, something we hope to do often this summer.


