After lunch today, we decided to head down to the Chalk Festival at the Gateway. It was really neat. We were going to invite friends, but we heard about it last minute. Also, I not only forgot my camera, but also my phone. I don't know how I managed both of those in one day, especially considering my phone is attached to my hip almost every minute of the day. So, I did not get to snap any cool pictures of the amazing artwork or anything else, but it was still really neat. I had to salvage what pictures I could when we got home. There were some drawings of Disney characters, superheros, and every other kind of fun/fantasy item. There were also some very real looking pictures that looked as if the person was going to turn and walk off of the picture. I am amazed at people's talents (mostly because I have none), it was especially amazing to remember these were all made with chalk. They also had a ton of free things for the kids, T won chap stick at KSL's tent and A won a notepad. They both got handheld collapsible fans (think waving something in front of your face type) at the Comcast tent. They also got a bag full of stuff from one tent that included numerous coupons and advertisements, a beach ball, a bear shaped straw and tons of other stuff. A also got her face painted and a fake tattoo. T had no interest in either one. Last they had a guy who made cool shapes with balloons. T just wanted a sword, but A asked for a turtle. I thought, boy let's see this guy make that! He DID! It is pictured below. It is a wristband turtle and it is pretty amazing. She has a sudden obsession with turtles, probably because she has figured out that may be the only pet she may ever have a chance to own. We came back and helped with just a couple minutes of yard work, ate dinner and got ready for bed. I paint A's finger and toenails every Saturday night before church. It is fun to spend time with just her doing that. The best part, I am terrible at it! So, after I am done, I get to take a Q-tip and some nail polish remover and smooth off the edges that I have messed up. Come on, at least give me points for trying. Actually, after the clean-up has ended it really doesn't look too bad (if I do say so myself).
- This morning we washed Grandpa's car on the lawn. I let the kids ride with me as I drove the car onto the lawn. The kids kept commenting on how smooth the ride was on the grass. Apparently they are able to figure that out in the four feet we moved. Heaven forbid we would have driven over a sprinkler. They would have thought we were doing some serious off-roading.


