the first FIVE years

Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

This is a picture of my awesome parents
Today was the birthday of a special lady in my life,
no I am not re-married, therefore, I do not have a wife.
Those who may not know her, I just call her Mom,
I’m thankful for all she does; I think she is the bomb.
She went through a lot; I’m sure, to get to number seven,
raising us seems the REAL hard job, I’m sure she’ll go to heaven.
I cannot even express, the many hours, all I’ve seen her do,
I don’t think it’s necessary, to state all we’ve put her through.
I do not know how it is, that we gave her so much grief,
but then we knew we could always come, and find her for relief.
If we ever need anything, Mom/Grandma is always there,
giving us attention, and showing us great care.
First to say she’s sorry, whether she’s done right or wrong,
Knowing we have a special place, where we always belong.
Time seems to fly by for all of us, it’s birthday 64,
she can’t be around forever, but, we pray there’s many more.
So she is not getting younger, she may be getting old,
Above all else one thing remains, her heart is made of gold.
As I look back on all her great advice, there is one you can’t compare.
Every accident I’ve ever been in, I’ve had on clean underwear!

Who is Visiting?