Today it seemed like all we did was run errands. We went around and got Grandma's birthday present (a large vine-like flower in a large planter to put on their front porch). We got Grandma birthday cake and ice cream, and then ran a whole bunch of other errands. We even used BOTH our car and our truck today! Ahhhhhhh! the feeling of spending almost $4 a gallon, what a precious thing that is. Tonight T & A's Mom came to get them to take them to dinner before she goes on vacation for a week or so. So, it has and will continue to be great for me because I will have the kids from June 5th-June 17th. I will still go to school, leaving the kids with my Mom for about three hours, but I have taken off work on any of the days that they are with me. It will be so much fun. That is about all that is going on. I know, we have the most interesting lives of anyone in the world. That is why everyone (thick sarcasm attached) reads this blog. Good thing my primary usage is to use my blog as a journal.
- I warned T that if he didn't stop yelling way too loud that he was going to go to timeout, he instantly yelled and I instantly hauled him to timeout. His disbelief was quite apparent as he must have told the walls in his room, "I can't believe he actually did that!" and "why would he really do something like that?"
- T was talking like a baby to be funny, it was really getting on A's nerves. She said, "Dad could you please make T stop talking like a baby, he is ruining my life!"
- As we were going to get Grandma's birthday present, I told the kids that we needed to get Grandma's plant. T said, "we have to get her a plant too? Why can't we just go get her present?" I explained that the plant was her present. He laughingly said, "that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, you can't give someone a plant for their birthday!" he then added later, "you can't even wrap a stupid plant!"
- T seems to call everything "baby" lately. I think I referred to something a couple of times that way and he has held on to it for a while. Here are a few examples: He tells me he has to "get this baby put away," when referring to his bike. He asks me "are you going to start this baby and mow the lawn?" when referring to the lawn mower. I told the kids that we had to hurry to church and that we were running late. As I turned on the one "busy" street that we go on to go to church I accelerated pretty fast (those of you who know me, know that I don't really need an excuse to drive fast, but I digress). T said, "good thing this baby can go so fast with your big foot on the gas or we would never be on time to church."


