the first FIVE years

Friday, August 1, 2008

Dancing and Dining

Today the kid's cousins came and played most of the day. We had a lot of fun with them. Then for dinner tonight we went to an old fashioned drive in/diner by our house. The kids were absolutely amazed with the jukebox. I never realized until that point that they probably have never seen one before. They asked what it was, so I showed them and we used it. We played three or four songs. I don't think I have been to eat there since high school; lucky for me, the food is just as good now as it was then. The kids and I had a great time.

Here are T and A dancing to the music on the jukebox, they were so cute and it was so fun to watch them. Here T is about to spin A around. (not a terrible picture for a camera phone either)
The kids (okay, maybe only A) have worn their mom's shirts to bed before. This new bed time ensemble all started when I caught a "Geek Squad" t-shirt at the rodeo a few weeks ago. T really wanted to wear the shirt to bed. The only problem is their mom is about 5'2". I on the other hand have about 14" and at least a 100 pounds on her. Therefore you are left with one of my smaller shirts fitting T like this! He doesn't seem to mind though and prefers it to alot of his pajamas including the Lightning McQueen ones. As you can see, the "short" sleeves are still too long for his arms and his shoulders could pop out of the hole for the head at any second.
This is T demonstrating how easy it is for him to curl up into a blue ball in one of my shirts
  • T and I were wrestling and I was tickling him tonight before bed. He said, "wait, wait, I have something important to tell you." I stopped and said, "what buddy." He said, "I think your mom is calling and she has a fresh apple pie for you, you had better hurry and get it." I don't know where he came up with that, but it made me laugh pretty hard. That is a great way to trick somebody in a situation like that. By the way, I checked later; no apple pie to be found.
  • T was also talking to me about Pinocchio tonight. He was explaining that Pinocchio got into all that trouble because he didn't listen to his conscience. I said, "that's right, only your conscience is not a bug because you are not a wooden boy. Your conscience is in your heart and it helps you to listen and choose the right." I then asked him if he remembered the name of Pinocchio's conscience. He said, "of course I do silly it is "Chimney" (not Jimney) Cricket, everyone who's seen Pinocchio knows that!"

Who is Visiting?