- I was playing Candyland with the kids tonight. T was winning, so A said, "this is so weird, I keep getting such unusual colors." I don't think I have ever heard her say the word "unusual" before, but it is funny from a 4 year old. If anyone has ever looked at a Candyland board, the colors are blue, red, orange, yellow, purple, green (about 5 special areas are pink). However, in an effort to not give her such unusual colors I think next time we play I will call the colors: ocean, crimson, maple leaf, mustard, magenta, and chartreuse.
Friday, August 15, 2008
The Olympics
I have really enjoyed watching the Olympics that may not be some big surprise. What is a surprise is the fact that my 4-year old twins like watching them nearly as much as I do! I will be sitting in the lazy boy for a few minutes while they are playing and have the Olympics on. Next thing I know the kids will sort of look at the TV and see the Olympics. While never letting their eyes leave the TV, they will both come and sit on my lap. They will actually watch about an hour to an hour and 1/2 with me. Obviously I wouldn't watch that much and leave the kids unattended, but since normally all I ever get to watch is a Disney movie each day, and they are interested, I am taking advantage for two weeks. They even ask a lot about all of the countries and the flags, I think that is as much of a draw for them as the competitions. So what are their favorite competitions to watch? Swimming and beach volleyball. T likes it when the boys compete, A likes it when the girls compete. A will sit there and cheer, "GO America!!" every time there is a close race while watching swimming. They both even want to make sure we take their goggles the next time we go swimming.


