Boondocks
This afternoon and night we went to Boondock's with my parents. My Dad's company rented out the whole place for a company party and they invited us as well. We were there for 4 or 5 hours and we had a great time. We started by going on the bumper boats. I was hoping to take both T and A with me, but they only allowed two people on each little boat. Grandpa was nice enough to go with T and get soaking wet (each of the boats has a water canon that
shoots pretty far). T kept grabbing the controls so that he could spray people. Just a side note, those canons sort of stink when you are 6'4". If you are really close to another boat it shoots right over them. When you are my height and most of it lies in your torso, this steady stream hits you square right above the eyes. After the boats, we then rode the go-carts for a while. Grandpa was again nice enough to take one of the kids (A this time). It really was nice of him
because I am VERY sure he would not have done either one of these activities if it wasn't for the k
ids. T and A were both grinning ear to ear the whole time we drove the go-carts, and even though they only go like 15 MPH, the kids said that was the fastest they have ever gone! After that I took the kids over and we played in the laser tag arena. They looked so awesome in their gear. They loved it and
kept saying how fun it was to play tag with the laser guns. We then had dinner with all of Grandpa's employees. It was really good food as well, and after dinner, we finally went miniature golfing. After, we were about to go home, but then the kids wanted to use their tokens (each kid there got 20 tokens and each adult got 10). They also tried out the kid area with huge slides and netting and stuff. We finally headed home at about 8:45, and the kids were
exhausted enough that it did not take much to get them to sleep. It was really nice of Grandma and Grandpa to take us with them. They probably just felt sorry for us because the Andersons (some of the only people willing to be seen with me in public) just left for their new home in Ohio this morning. We are sure going to miss them, but we wish them well!
- Today we were standing in line for the boats and some kid barely sprayed his water canon at the crowd. A got about two drops on her and she said, "holy cow! look Daddy, I am soooo soaking wet!" Well, she thought it was funny that she was "soaking wet" I just thought her thinking she was soaking wet was funny. I guarantee after our ride she REALLY was soaking wet though, I know I was.
- T ran off in the arena when we were playing laser tag. I quickly found him and reminded him that they both needed to stay right by me. He said, "how I am supposed to beat the guys on the blue team, when they can see your big tall body all over the place?" Okay, maybe he has a valid point.
- After tickling and wrestling T I told him, "I love you big buddy!" He responded, "I love you too little guy!" I am really starting to think that we did not spend enough time in those books about opposites such as big and small, hot and cold, dry and wet, etc. because he often refers to me as little. I guess it is okay since he thinks he is so funny when he says it.