Today the kids' cousin came over to play for a few hours. He was being really cute and funny. He was really excited about something, and A said, "boy N, you really have a lot of energy today, and if you keep doing stuff like that, you will for sure use all of it!"
T was talking to my sister tonight. She tries to teasingly brainwash the kids into saying that she is their youngest, most beautiful Aunt. She was telling T that he needed to realize that she was the youngest and most beautiful. T finally said, "okay, whatever you say, as long as you get me a good birthday present!" I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, especially considering his birthday is still a long way off, but he is hilarious.
Earlier in the same phone conversation, my sister was trying to get T to talk on the phone. She had A tell him that he needed to talk because she had something cool to tell him. T responded (as she was on speaker phone), "oh, I don't need to hear any of your silly lullabies!" (no she does not sing to them). Again where does he come up with this stuff is all I could think. I mean even the word lullaby seems unusual because I am pretty sure no one has really used that word much around him.
Earlier today I was telling A that she needed to brush her teeth. She was fighting me on it a little bit, and kept saying that she didn't want to. I explained that there are a lot of things in life that people don't want to do. What is important is that we choose to do what we NEED to do. She said, "then how come T ALWAYS gets whatever he wants." I started laughing and that made A laugh as well. I think it is funny because that is definitely how you perceive things as a kid. T probably thought how come she always gets what she wants.