the first FIVE years

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday

I have not been able to title many posts "Wednesday", because I do not normally have the kids on Wednesday, so I was excited that today I can. Today we went to the Circus festivities at the Children's Museum. The kids had a great time. They had all kinds of balloons, juggling, popcorn, magic tricks, face painting, etc. They were so cute. They even had their first taste of cotton candy. I know you are all probably thinking how deprived they must be, that they had to wait until age 4 to have cotton candy. Oh well, I guess it wasn't one of my biggest goals when I set out to be a parent. A lot of my theories about parenthood went out the window when I actually became a parent anyway. It wasn't until they were eating it that I realized that they had never had it before. I even had to ask them if they had eaten it before, they both said no.

Tonight we went on a bike ride and then again went over to play fetch with our neighbor's dog Millie. The kids absolutely love her. It is pretty sweet too, because this neighbor loves it when people come and play with her dog. She told us we can come anytime we want, to just let ourselves in the gate. So, it is like having all the benefits of owning a dog, without any of the drawbacks of owning a dog. It was a fun day. I love having the kids this much, it is so fun to be with them.

This was how my cute kids shared their cotton candy today.


We have these little foam things that stick to shower and tub walls when they are wet. T really wanted me to take a picture of his artwork after his shower this morning.

  • This morning, T asked how tall he was. I told him that he was 41". He said, "Whoa that is so tall, I must be growing so fast!" He then went on to say, "Look my legs are even longer than my arms now!" I told him that was so neat and that it comes from eating healthy foods and getting lots of sleep at night. In my head I was thinking, "I sure hope your legs are longer than your arms. You would look pretty silly with these stubby little legs as your knuckles on your hands scrape the ground as you walk."
  • We were driving in the car and T told me, "that I was their big, fat Daddy." A then told T, "Daddy is not fat." T responded, "yes he is!" This polite arguing went on for a while, until A sternly said, "T, daddy is NOT fat! He just has hairy arms and legs!"
  • I told T that he couldn't watch anymore TV after their hour of TV time was up today. He then found Grandma and kept pleading with her. Phrases such as, "Come on Grandma, it is okay!" over and over. He even told her, "we don't even have to tell my dad!" All I could think when my Mom told me that was, Oh no! It has already begun.

Who is Visiting?