the first FIVE years

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Deep Thoughts, Shallow Brain, Part 11

The kids are spending a little bit of time with their Mom this weekend. I am really fortunate because starting tomorrow, I get to spend 9 days straight with them. Normally I would be writing about all the stuff that they said or that we have been doing. That is not so easy when they are not with me. So, I guess my brain decided to fill the void by producing a bunch of (not very good) poems. Here is my latest one.
Tonight I went back home, to visit with my Father,
His time He freely gives me, it never seems I’m a bother.

I feel of His love, the moment I walk into His place,
knowing of His great joy, without even beholding His face.

I sit there and wonder, why I do not visit more,
and feel the great feelings, that I’ve always felt before.

He just seems glad to see me, as we talk in our own way,
I love to listen to Him, and He loves to hear what I say.

Even with all my brothers, and sisters all around,
He has time for all of us, His love, it does abound.

What an unmatchable feeling, He always seems aware,
I can talk to Him about anything, and feel His great care.

Never has there been a visit, where I do not feel such peace,
When the world seems so difficult, it’s where I go for release.

As He listens to me, His support, He always lends,
Although He is my Father, He's the best of all my friends.

The short visit is soon over, the time has now come to go,
I am grateful for my Father, and the love that He doth show.

As I leave, I hear Him, “Thanks for visiting me this day,”
“PLEASE come around often, PLEASE do not stay away."

Who is Visiting?