the first FIVE years

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Church and Cake

The last couple of weeks, the kids have been on time to Primary, so they have been able to get their sticker (something that I cannot always say happens, it seems we ALWAYS manage to be like 3 minutes late). T had a hard time in Primary today. He seems to be struggling with all of the changes and things in life. They are both going to playgroup therapy to help them with all that they are feeling. It is sad to see them have to deal with so much. They are good kids and they are strong, I am sure with a little help they will be okay. The other thing that really caused him some heart ache is that their normal teacher was not there today. Therefore, he did not want to go to his class. When he finally calmed down enough to go I think he really enjoyed it. Their lesson was on showing love to others. The teachers had cut out little hearts that they would raise if the teacher gave an example of showing love. If it was not an example of showing love, they would keep them down. It was really neat and I think they had fun with it. They also got to pay their tithing today. T loves to give my tithing to the Bishop, but this is always so much more special to them. I sat with each one of them and helped them write their names and fill the envelope. They couldn't wait for Sacrament to be over to run and give their tithing to the Bishop. It is really neat to see their constant desire to do good. After church we went on a much earlier walk. Later, during our normal walk time, we went to my nephew's birthday party with cake and ice cream. They hadn't played with those cousins for a little while, so it was really fun for them. It was a fun, although somewhat busy Sunday.
  • The kids were being pretty wild as we were driving home from the lake yesterday. I had to tell T to stop pestering A and that both of them needed to calm down. T said, "Dad, I was only teasing." I then told them that there is a big difference between pestering and teasing. A then piped up and said, "Dad there really is not a lot of difference between pestering and teasing." The more I thought about it, she was right. I figured out the difference. The actions on T's part could be completely the same in both instances. What is the difference? If it is teasing, then A is laughing at whatever T is doing. If it is pestering, then A is screaming at whatever T is doing.
  • Today my brother was tickling T. T said, "will you stop tickling me already, you have your own grand kids to tickle." My brother said, "I don't have any grand kids." T responded, "what do you think your own kids are."
  • T has suddenly learned to rhyme, and he loves doing it. This morning, he said, "Fee Fi Fo Fum, I want to chew some GUM!" I started laughing, but A was laughing really hard. She thinks her brother is hilarious (SOMETIMES). I asked him if he learned that somewhere, but no, apparently he just made it up. When I quizzed him on it a tiny bit, A confirmed that he was telling the truth.

Who is Visiting?