This morning like so many other Friday mornings, we mowed the lawns and then washed the car on the lawn. We probably haven't washed the car for two weeks or so, therefore, it was especially filthy. The kids love to help so much, especially with cleaning the car. They are such good kids and great little helpers. Below are some of the funny things that the kids have said today and in the recent past.
- A little while back we bought T a remote control helicopter. I had to keep telling the kids to be gentle with it since most of it is only made out of styrofoam. I heard A later tell her cousin to "be careful with the helicopter because it is made out of stylaphone."
- While T was helping me clean the car he asked me how old it is. I told him it was eight years old. They attended one of their cousin's baptisms last week. So, T said, "when is our car going to get baptized?" I explained that only people who choose to, get baptized, and things like cars don't. He said, "Dad I am sure our car would like to get baptized, why don't you just drive it down to the church and baptize it." While his first statement was said seriously, his last statement was said jokingly.
- After we got done washing the car, the kids were sort of arguing over who got to use the squeegee and who got to use the chamois first. A told T that, "it was her turn to use the sammy to dry the car first!"
- I told the kids that the car was probably so happy that we were giving it a bath. A asked why. I told her that if we were dirty like the car was we would really want to have a shower or bath too. Also, I told her that it had been so long since we have washed it. A said, "Well Dad, if I am ever this dirty, don't use that car wash brush thing on me, okay?" This was followed quickly by T saying, "the car does not even have a mouth, so how do you know what it thinks?"


