the first FIVE years

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Primary Program Sunday

Today the kids participated in their first ever Primary Program. They sang in Sacrament Meeting for the first time last Mother's Day, however, this was their first actual program with parts and everything. They sang the following songs: "I Am a Child of God," "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus," "I Love to See the Temple," "Called to Serve," "When Jesus Christ was Baptized," "If the Savior Stood Beside Me," "We Thank Thee, O God for a Prophet," and "Home." I am not quite so sure it was in that order. It ended up being amazing, even though it started out a little rough. T threw a fit right before they were to go up to the stand. I had to take him out and calm him down. He seemed to be calm and settled down enough, and so I had him walk reverently up to the stand to be with all the other kids. A did her part first. She said, "Jesus Christ is our Savior and He will come again." T then said his part, "We can be like Jesus." At the very end he started to cry and ran to his Primary teacher. I went up to the stand and picked him up and walked out with him. I am sure many people thought it was stage fright, however, it wasn't. Most people do not know, but T is hypoglycemic. We have suspected it for a long time and a doctor recently confirmed it. I took him out, got him some crackers for a few minutes and then he told me he wanted to go back up. Someone later told me that they couldn't believe I "was so cruel as to send my scared child back up to the stage," but that I made the right decision. They were somewhat surprised when I told them what was actually going on. Anyone who really knows the kids knows that neither one of them are shy, unless they are just being silly. He reverently walked back up there and sang his little heart out. They both sang so well and I was amazed at how well they knew the songs. I have practiced with them only a little, and then played the songs on my MP3 player whenever we were in the car. They both sang so loud that many times you could hear them over all the other kids. At the very end A was asked to give a solo, She just sang the phrase, "I Am A Child of God" followed by a pianist playing those same keys on the piano and then an organist following suit. They did great, especially considering it was their first time. They also did some of the funny stuff. A kept somewhat twirling around while holding her dress, they both could not resist waving to me on numerous occasions, and when I gave them both a smile and thumbs up, they gave it right back. They both did so well and I am so proud of them. They are such great kids.

Who is Visiting?