Today started with us waking up somewhat early to take my Mom to the airport to catch a flight. I then drove quickly down to get the kids to preschool on time. I was not going to drive back and forth, so I went running while the kids went to their preschool class. They learned all about apples today (I am sure A was in heaven), and watched the movie Johnny Appleseed. After preschool, we came home and had lunch. We then went to the zoo. We bought a pass earlier this Summer and have not used it nearly enough (only once). The kids loved the zoo. It is actually sort of nice having that pass because I found we can just drop in and then leave whenever. The last time we went the Tiger was out of its area because they were cleaning his area or something, but this time it was there. The kids were so excited. We stayed there until dinner time. The kids said their favorite animals to see were the snakes and the tiger. We also were lucky enough to get a close up view of a leopard eating some sort of animal. We saw a tortoise the size of a love seat (A keeps wanting a turtle, maybe that would be the one for us) and we always love seeing the giraffes. Here are some of the pictures below.
We came around the corner and without notice see this lying in the python's cage. I was really nervous what the kids would think and how it might affect them. T thought it was "cool." A said, "oh what a cute fluffy bunny." I don't know if A knew that the bunny was not going to ever get up and hop again. Regardless of what she thought, I am starting to think that their comments would make us look like the Adam's Family if someone were listening.
Here is a picture of the leopard eating his meal. I am thinking Thursdays might be big meal days at the zoo. What, do they starve the animals on Saturday when more people are around?
T chose to ride the tiger on the carousel today.
A chose to ride the cute little panda bear on her carousel ride today.
- While we were at the zoo today there were many places that said we had to leave the wagon outside. One of them was the place that housed the great white crocodile. I told the kids that we had to park the wagon. T responded, "Dad, just sneak it in there, no one will know!" I am thinking that a big red wagon would be harder to sneak in a building with narrow walkways, then say someone sneaking a candy bar into a movie theater in their pocket.
- In the BEE Movie there is a part where the human thinks she is dreaming. So, she stabs her hand with a fork to wake up. The Bee says, "Umm......That was a little weird." Ever since we watched the BEE Movie with the Jones, the kids have been saying that phrase to everything. I have even joined in sometimes when there really is something weird. The kids think it is way funnier when I say it, but they pretty much laugh whenever anyone says that phrase.
- While we were driving home from preschool the kids asked me if Johnny Appleseed lives at Disneyland. I told them I didn't think so. They then asked who does live there. I told them as many Disney characters as I could think of. One of which was Aladdin. T said, "what? they even let a street rat live there?!!!" He then burst out laughing, which of course made A and I laugh as well.
- We pretty much got to choose our place on the train at the zoo today. The kids chose the very first row of seats right next to the engine. All I could smell was exhaust. I have never felt like I was closer to being asphyxiated in my entire life. I kept trying to get the kids to move, but they wouldn't. I really could swear there was something wrong with that engine. Once the ride was going we would get bursts of fresh air. After the ride I asked them if they had fun. T said, "yeah Dad, that was so awesome, we got to sit right by the engine, and I even got to smell the coal the whole time!" All I could think of, is what a special treat that was for all of us! Incidentally, I guarantee that train does not run on coal.


