Saturday I finally got the part for the window on the car and finished that up. T helped me the whole time. When we put the new motor and regulator in I would start the bolts and then let him use the ratchet to tighten the bolts. He was in heaven. He told everyone how he fixed his window. We also had some family over to watch the
BYU football game. It is a common Saturday occurrence during football season. Next, I got my haircut. For those of you wondering, no, crazy haircut girl was not working. DARN! Although I did have quite the experience. The girl asked me if I was married. She then asked if I had kids. I answered both questions honestly. She then went on to tell me that she did not want kids herself. She was fine with just her cat. She had been engaged twice, but she broke it off because both fiances wanted kids and she was not about to throw her life away. She went on to say that, really, marriage is just a piece of paper anyway. You can have the exact same life and not be married, so why bother. I am really beginning to wonder whether I should find a new place to have my hair cut. I mean is it the chemicals that they breath in there, or is it just part of new employee orientation? Anyway, I would go to a different place, but I think too much of that stuff is funny. As long as they don't butcher my hair, I think I will keep going so I can hear all of their wonderful insights into the world. In the night we went to a ward activity. We went to a ward member's home and had an outside movie night with everyone. We all brought our blankets, sleeping bags, and pillows and watched
Bedknobs and Broomsticks under the stars. We had treats as well as Hot Chocolate. Once my kids settled down I think they were some of the only ones who watched the movie. I laid in between them and they ended up falling asleep. It was a lot of fun and really nice of the people in the ward to host it.
Today, we went to church as usual. Part of the lesson in the kids' primary class was about animals. They each got a small stuffed animal, and a pencil and little ring which said "I Am a Child of God". They even had a visit from their Primary teachers dog, Sophie. They were so excited and sure love to learn. We are so lucky to have such a good Primary teacher that takes so much time and care into preparing the lessons for them. The kids were good in Sacrament Meeting as well, we are just still working on whispering. After church some cousins came over and played for a while. We went on our normal walk, but the kids both seemed to have melt-downs because they both wanted to pull the wagon. It all ended well though with them taking turns and having fun with a couple of their cousins on the walk.
- So I have hesitated a lot to put this one up on the blog because of its embarrassing nature, but I finally decided, what the heck. The kids and I were driving some where the other day. They are somewhat crazy in the car a lot of the time (particularly when we drive long distances). I had a tiny bit of flatulence shall we say, and said, "excuse me." The kids must not have heard me over their playing. A finally sniffed and said, "oh my goodness, what is that smell?!!" Since we were in a more rural area by some cows, T said, "A, it is just all those cows, silly!" A responded, "T, no cow smells that bad!" I was laughing so hard. I mean I have heard people say the phrase, "nothing human could have done that," but apparently I was worse than an animal with 4 stomachs. The stuff they say (even at my expense) cracks me up.