the first FIVE years

Friday, September 18, 2009

The State Fair

Friday night, we all went to the State Fair. By "all," I mean that there were seven of us and only two of us were over the age of ten. Ashley was nice enough to babysit her friend's four children while they went away for the weekend. They have two boys, age 10 and 7, and two girls, age 5 and 3mos. McQueen and Tinkerbell were there too of course. They were all good kids and were a lot of fun. The only drawback? Helping all the kids, including a new baby, all through the fair meant that Ashley and I felt like we had said two words to each other the whole night. We still had a great time and I know the kids did as well. By the end of the night though I took this picture. Seeing this sight at the beginning of the evening while the sun was still out brought feelings of fun and excitement to my mind. By the time I took this picture in the night, I only felt tired and the picture seemed to depict pure and unbridled chaos.
Four new baby piglets. We all thought they were pretty cool. The only thing the kids thought was even more awesome was watching one of the pigs urinate, followed by the pig defecating.

Here is Tinkerbell with their 7 year old boy and their five year old girl.


We all had a great time wandering around the different areas. We heard rumors (much to our surprise) that there would not be many more State Fairs in our State. According to the source, someone decided that they were not worth doing anymore and not very profitable. According to me, I don't know whether to believe that or not. I cannot imagine how they are not profitable. Has anyone checked the prices of food, drinks, and rides at the fair lately? They all cost the same or more then an adult ticket at the gates does. Luckily tickets for kids under six are free!

Who is Visiting?