the first FIVE years

Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's What Fun Is!

Ashley got us some discount tickets, so we all went to Lagoon! We had a really fun time. This picture was taken as we were at the very top of the "Skyscraper" Ferris wheel. I have to say that I am not at all scared of heights. I love to fly on airplanes, I like tall buildings, and I like to stand tall. What I am not quite comfortable with is sitting my large self in some tin basket that is secured by only a couple of bolts and then ROCKING back and forth time and time again high above the ground.
Here we are awaiting our turn on the "Log Flume" (Tinkerbell picked out her own clothing if you can't tell). The kids' "favorite" ride seemed to change as soon as we got off of a ride, but I think this one had to be near the top. I was amazed at all the rides that they have added since I was last there. I was even more surprised how many "adult" rides the kids were tall enough to ride. I think that the "Bat" roller coaster was also one of their favorites. It was definitely a "big person" roller coaster. McQueen also loved the "Dinosaur Drop," while Tinkerbell preferred the "Ladybug Bop." The kids really liked to look at all the homes and things in Pioneer Village as well. We rode as many rides as possibly could and we had a great time.
We happened to come at a time when they had a classic car show of some sort going on. McQueen loves Corvettes old and new (I may have had some slight influence on that), so we made sure to take his picture by this classic Corvette Sting Ray. Just before this, McQueen found $20 laying on the ground. He was so excited and couldn't wait to spend some of it. We talked to him about what was right and that we should see if we could find who it belongs to first. We rushed around until we found a girl that the money clearly belonged to. He was excited that he had helped her and that he chose the right thing. He couldn't wait to tell his Primary class about it the next day. We even got him the toy he talked about buying as a reward for being so good.
Tinkerbell wanted her picture by this old Chevy. She thought it was a really neat old car.
One of my favorite things about our trip to Lagoon was how sweet the kids were. Sure, you would expect their behavior to be good when they are having so much fun. I still expected tired fits, whining, etc. They were so sweet, especially to each other. McQueen wanted to make sure that Tinkerbell was involved in everything he did. He looked after her and held her hands and kept his arm around her. He even kissed her on the cheek several times that day. He really can be the best big brother a girl could ever wish for. Tinkerbell loved being by his side and clearly loved being with her best friend. Whenever I asked McQueen if we should let the ladies go first, he would say, "Oh Sure!"
  • Tinkerbell got used to McQueen and I letting the ladies go first. At one point she said, "ladies first.................AND I AM a lady!"

Who is Visiting?