Saturday morning, we started off with a fun project. Lowe's and The Home Depot will have these free little workshops about every two weeks in their stores. Parents can bring their kids and make something with them (it is a different, preset item every time). I have been wanting to do this with the kids forever! It always seemed that we would have something going on, or I would forget about it all together. This weekend I was bound and determined that we were going to go. The project was to build a drum at Lowe's. We had so much fun doing it. They passed out the kits and away we went on our way to building the drums. The kids even got aprons that they get to keep as well. We had a ton of fun doing this, and it was so fun to make something with the kids. In two weeks we are headed back and we are going to make a fire engine!
Here the kids are showing off their brand-new drums. They must feel a real sense of accomplishment. I especially love McQueen's face in this picture.Not only can they build stuff, they have musical talent as well! Just check out this video of them playing the drums.
A few hours after our project, we went to the baptism and confirmation of a friend of ours. It was a great baptism and he was so excited. We are so happy for him and proud of him for making such a great choice.
- Over this weekend, Tinkerbell's nail polish oddly came off on only ONE finger. Anyone want to guess which finger it was? Yes, my sweet little innocent girl was going around to everyone at church and giving them the bird (WITHOUT ITS FOUR FRIENDS). She would say, "look at my finger." As everyone would gasp for breath, they would say "oh, what are you showing me?" she would then bring up the other four "feathers" and say that the polish came off of only one of her fingers. I didn't realize what she was doing until I saw people laughing as she would walk away. The funny thing is she was completely innocent. She had no idea that she was giving everyone the Hawaiian good luck sign all day long. Good thing she isn't old enough to drive!


