
Today I was walking around an apartment complex trying to find a patient's apartment. Down the corridor to another apartment, I see this. There are probably at least eight bikes all chained together with the chain going around them 4 times. As you can see this is like 'tow a car' kind of chain too, not the wimpy stuff. Then there is the note. If you are unable to tell, this is what it says: "Stop Stealing our bikes & our bike tires!!!!! Next time We'll call the cops!" What an ingenious anti-theft device! This note says a couple of things to me. Since it says "stop stealing," that would tell me that they have had their stuff ripped off more than once. Which in my mind raises other questions. First, how many times did they get ripped off exactly, before they thought, "hmmm, I bet a scary threatening note ought to do the trick!" Second, why are they only NOW threatening to call the cops? Why have the cops not been called the 12 other times their stuff was stolen? Finally, do they really think that the perpetrators of these crimes did not think there was a possibility of law enforcement being called the first time they stole the stuff? I am no criminal mastermind, I am only a thinker, but at some point don't you think illegal equals cops? Okay, so maybe no one else finds this whole thing funny. I, on the other hand have an overdeveloped sense of humor, therefore, I think it is freakin hilarious!


