the first FIVE years

Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Parade

Saturday morning, we went to the St. Patrick's Day parade. The kids and I had a great time. They caught more candy then we could even carry. As I got the kids dressed in green, I did not think twice about wearing my BYU sweatshirt. I figured it was not a huge deal if I wasn't wearing green. I should have thought twice, because most of the people directly around us were clearly members of the Catholic faith. They were very nice people, and I enjoyed laughing and talking with all of them. I just felt out of place as they would talk about the great Catholic schools that would walk by in the parade. It might have seemed insulting to them since St. Patrick is a revered person in the Catholic faith. That is what I get for not thinking.
When this truck rolled on through, it by far got the loudest cheers, making me laugh even more about my choice of clothing. I was doing much more then wearing my religion on my sleeve. I was proudly displaying it right across my chest.
Here the kids are having their VERY FIRST Sausage McMuffin. Poor deprived kids. They loved it and I think they thought it was cool to go to McDonald's for breakfast. I think they thought McDonald's only served Happy Meals. They were pretty surprised by this new turn of events, complete with hot chocolate to drink. It also was a little weird to them since we rarely go out to eat, especially to breakfast.
This motorcycle Cop actually was this close to us. If I wouldn't have had the size 15 feet tucked in, they would have definitely made a sweet speed bump for him. I stayed out of his way, because as you can see, he is DEFINITELY packing the heat.
This was a coffin car. It was from a local mortuary. I guess this puts a whole new spin on the "you can't take it with you when you die" myth, huh?
This guy may seem impressive to many. Indeed the kids were very impressed. I, however, was not. If you consider one wheel a unicycle, then I would have to say that three wheels is a tri-cycle. The kids were riding their tricycles before they even turned two!

Who is Visiting?