Today I played hooky from work and school. This was not because I had some fun activities or anything, but rather so I could crouch up in a little ball (who am I kidding, I will never be a LITTLE ball) with a blanket and shiver. I guess some would consider that a fun activity. Me, not so much. It is good though, because I am overly confident when I go to the Instacare now. They check me in. They say, "what are we seeing you for today?" I proudly tell them, "I have strep throat!" They say, "well what are your symptoms?" I find this somewhat annoying in my own head, but list them to the people anyway. This process is repeated with the three people I saw today. After the nurse did the swab of my throat, she said, "the test usually takes about 10-15 minutes." I said, "I will bet you $5 that it is positive in three." She would not take my bet. Good thing for her, because she would have lost! The doctor came in and talked to me. She really wants me to go to an ear, nose, and throat specialist. I countered by asking for a stronger antibiotic. If it comes back again after this time, I might just go to the specialist. I just don't see the panic, it has been 47 days since the last time I had it. I have gained 5 days, and this time it did not spread into my eye! The last window of health only lasted 42 days. I figure as long as we are making progress, what is the point?
I wrote the following song about strep throat. It is to the tune of the freecreditreport.com commercial about him buying a new car. I hope you enjoy it.
Well, I woke up this morning
decided to play hooky
another bad case of strep found me
Just when I think how bad it sucks
medicine and doctors take my $50 bucks
S-T-R-E-P
that spells strep, if you can’t see
I think about learning or making money
as sit here sucking cough drops with honey.
A butterfly in China must have flapped its wings
out of nowhere my throat gave me the stings
S-T-R-E-P
PLEASE will you stop, attacking me!
Offer applies with enrollment in the I get strep too much club.