The kids have once again filled up our good deed jar. For their reward I decided to take them to the planetarium. We have never been there before, although I have thought about going many times. It may not take us another five years to go there, especially after finding out that almost everything is FREE! The only thing that costs money are the shows. I would have taken them there a long time ago to walk around and explore had I known that. We have only walked past it a million times. Oh well, I guess you live and learn. The kids kept talking about the planetarium, and Tinkerbell kept calling it the "earth museum." We had a lot of fun and watched a 3-D movie about life under the sea. The kids were hilarious because they kept wanting to reach out and touch the animals that were swimming so close to their face. The movie showed some very nonchalant fish, that would creep along and then instantly strike and devour their prey. McQueen wanted to hold the big bag of popcorn. Every time the fish would strike the kids would jump. Each time McQueen would jump, he would toss popcorn all over himself. Some was even sitting on his shoulders at the end of the movie. I helped him out by holding the popcorn after the first few times. When a sea lion kept getting closer and closer to us, only to eventually give us a kiss, Tinkerbell was laughing so hard she was crying as she kept saying "whoa, whoa, whoa" through her laughter.
At times I find it difficult to explain to my kids that the earth doesn't revolve around them
Just doing some moon exploring
Their faces in this picture make me laugh. It is if they are asking, "you aren't going to leave us here on Mars, are you Dad?"
After going to the planetarium, running a ton of errands, and then playing outside, you might imagine this is what they wanted to do for a few minutes. I was watching a show with the kids and I had to get up to do something. Tinkerbell instantly scooted closer to McQueen and basically caused him to tip over as well. McQueen said, "Tinkerbell, I am not your Daddy, you can't just go cuddling up and lay on whoever you want!" This caused Tinkerbell to sit up. McQueen then replied, "Why did you move? I like it when you lay on me."
- There is a whole row of planets hanging from the ceiling at the planetarium (see the first picture). I said, "look at all the planets." McQueen then named them all in perfect order. I was thoroughly amazed, and asked him where he learned them. I thought for sure he had learned it at preschool, or someone had taught them to him. He sincerely responded, "Dad haven't you ever watched WALL-E? They talk about the planets all the time." I said, "is that really where you learned them?" He said, "yes, do we need to watch it when we get home so that you can learn them too?"


