the first FIVE years

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pictures & Videos

1. In the first video, I came down the stairs and found T with a ramp all set up doing this. Normally a parent might think to stop this behavior. T's actions this evening only caused me to beam with pride! I was even more proud when I realized that T could make this thing ascend such a steep incline. What was T's reason for doing this. He is VERY confident that this was how Santa put it on the couch on Christmas (because I am sure Santa couldn't have just lifted it there). He wanted to do the same thing.

2. The second video is the kids making their snow angels. I love to watch their movements.



T got this Tigger puzzle as part of his Christmas presents from Grandpa and Grandma. He put the whole thing together almost completely by himself.
A got this Eeyore puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa as well. She also did really well putting it all together.

We went sledding again this weekend. For some reason I love the pictures of the kids pulling their sleds back up the hill. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about it. T as always, is such a good brother to A. He held her hand the entire way up, every time, so that she would not slip. He loves to be the protective big brother.......even if he is less than a minute older. The kids really love sledding, and maybe even like the hot chocolate after even more.
The prints left by my two little angels. Incidentally, I was required to search every inch of the park for some uncharted snow so that the kids would be able to see their snow angels.

Here is one of A's art creations from her new Christmas art table. She is still learning to line her face up just right to make it fit in these preset molds, but it is still so cute. She really loves it.




OUR NEW FAMILY PICTURE BELOW!


We didn't have one professionally taken, but I still think it turned out okay. I think it is worthy of a frame, let us know what you think.














Building you up for it.....................























No peaking ahead............























More suspense.........................























Not yet.....................................






















Are you excited yet?.................





























Don't wet your pants.....................























Okay, here it is.........................................

















We took a picture with A's art table and it has this cool distortion feature. This is what the kids wanted it to look like when we were done!
  • T & A's cousin was over on Friday morning. He was acting like a monkey. T said, "Dad, I think we have a 'chip and z' in our house!"
  • A was saying the prayer at lunch time the other day. She said, "we're thankful for......." and seemed to lose track of what she was saying. T whispered quite a few times, "T.......... we're thankful for T............ A, just say T!" It was really funny, and he was serious. At least he always says how thankful he is for A in every one of his prayers.
  • I asked A to take something to the garbage. As she passed something else that I saw needed to be thrown away, I asked her to take it as well. She said, "Daddy, how can you expect me to do everything at once?" The two big items? Two pieces of paper. Stop laughing, you all know how hard it is to carry two pieces of paper at once!
  • A made me some pretend hot chocolate yesterday as I was putting some clothes in the wash. She repeatedly asked me if I wanted some. Each time I told her that I would love to have some as soon as I finished loading the washer. She said, "well Daddy, you had better hurry, it is not like everyone else doesn't want my hot chocolate. Everyone loves it because it tastes the best."
  • I was eating a Fat Boy ice cream bar when T walked up to me. He looked right at it and said, "Daddy you should share some of that with me so that you don't get a big fat belly." Although I am questioning his motives a little, he was serious. See, what considerate children I have.
  • The other day we had a ward basketball game. I of course took the kids with me. I got dressed in a Utah Jazz t-shirt that I had lying around. T asked why I was wearing a basketball shirt. I told him because I was going to wear it under my basketball uniform at the game. With a really excited voice he asked, "DAD, YOUR TEAM IS THE UTAH JAZZ?!!!"

Who is Visiting?