You might think that I am talking about Gilligan's Island or an alien movie. Neither would be correct. Tonight I took the kids back to their Mom's house. It was just barely starting to snow when we left. There were only little flurries and I wasn't terribly worried, but decided it might be a good idea to borrow one of my parent's 4 wheel drives for the journey. Now normally it takes me just over an hour each way to make it the 72 miles to take the kids to their Mom's. Tonight we left at about 4:50PM and we arrived at her house at 8:22PM. I thought I would have the kids there by dinner time, but ended up stopping at Sonic for dinner instead. We almost got stuck IN 4-WHEEL DRIVE during our little detour off the freeway. Our average speed according the computer in the car for the entire trip down was 11.9 MPH. Coming back
only took me until about 10:30, and I brought the average speed up to 17.3 MPH. It is a good thing I got to snow blow when I got home, because I really needed to stretch my legs! Apparently driving in 4 wheel drive in an SUV is not that great for gas either. Where normally I would use just a tiny bit over 1/4 of a tank, today I used a whole tank! It was awesome. So what started out as a three hour tour.......
I have been putting off getting contact lenses because a new eye health plan just started at my work this month. I decided to wait and save the $200 or so. I got all fitted for them and did my trial run right there with them. Having never worn contacts before the first eye was a little tricky to get into. The girl told me that I want to do a movement that really makes it feel like I am trying to pop my eye out of my head. I responded, "okay, but I don't think popping my eye out is likely going to be helpful to my vision." Luckily she laughed. The second eye went well and I got pretty good at taking them out too. She told me that most people can't make it past a couple of hours the first day. If I make it past five I would be amazing, if I made it past 8 hours I would be incredible. So you are about to read something you are not going to read often on this blog. I am not only amazing and incredible, but I must be on the verge of Greek God or something. I put them in at 10AM and I just barely took them out!
- As I was helping the kids out of the car at their Mom's, T asked me, "Dad could you please pull my hood on over my head since it is a winter wonderland out here?"