Yesterday was T's last day of basketball. This time I at least had my regular camera.
CARS
This morning the kids and I went to a friend's house. We played and had a lot of fun and then went to lunch with them later. The kids especially loved playing with their little girl and their two dogs. We all had a great time (at least the three of us did!)! I am really lucky I have so many married friends that allow us to play the third wheel.
Tonight the kids and I went with some other friends to the Auto Show. You want to know one of the most charitable people alive? This friend (and now his wife) has been my friend since 9th grade! I haven't even had to pay him to be my friend or anything! They have always been great even though I have been a far less stellar friend. That is what I call charity! So, tonight we all went to the Auto Show. I have only missed two auto shows since moving to Utah when I was five. The kids have yet to miss one in their lifetime. This year was by far the biggest challenge; so far. The first couple of years most of their time was spent in the stroller. This year, the kids were driving everything, running from one car to the next, and having a ton of fun. They were just hard to keep up with, and literally wanted to drive EVERY car. Now I know exactly what my parents went through every year. Well, maybe not exactly, because I am sure my brother and I were probably worse because of how much we have always loved cars. Even after looking at all the cars, the kids preferences are still the same. T still wants a Corvette more than any other car, and A still wants a "Ladybug" (known to you and I as a VW Bug, but still too cute to correct her). We all had a great time and are so lucky to have such good friends. We had such a great time that it was almost okay that my camera is now either lost or stolen (with little hope of recovery) and these pictures were once again taken with my phone. It was so sad because both kids were in tears when we left the expo center without our camera. They were both so sad that we lost our camera and did not like the prospect of maybe getting a new one.
Here is T cruising in his new ride. We lost the picture of T in the Corvette with the lost camera.
Here is A's new "LadyBug." It is one of the only times in the night where A did not have to fight him to drive. See, even at this young age, he knows these cars should ONLY be driven by girls. According to A, this is a "pinkish-white" LadyBug.
You've got to adjust the radio to the right tunes for cruising right?
Here is A driving T around in her new ride.

Apparently the police decided they had seen enough of their underage driving. They couldn't arrest or ticket the kids because they were too cute. So, they let them go with a warning this time. It all fell apart when the cops said, "Sign here, it is not an admission of guilt, just a promise to appear," and the kids had no idea what "sign, admission, guilt, and maybe even, appear " meant.
- We were driving home from my niece's birthday party last night. T really had to go to the bathroom. I told him to hold it for just a second, because we would be home soon. He said, "well you had better push your big foot on the pedal unless you like a bunch of pee all over my seat then!" I promised him that driving fast would not be a problem for me. In a matter of fact way, he said, "I know Dad."
- A was drinking a drink with a straw. She said, "Daddy, sometimes when I drink with a straw it feels like a paintbrush and it makes me think I am painting my tongue."
- On the radio they sang a song that mentioned New York. A said, "hey Daddy did they just say New York." I said, "yeah, why A?" She said, "well if you watched the news then you would have seen that a plane just landed in a ton of water there." I don't know what makes me a non news watcher, but okay.
- T and A constantly make up their own knock-knock jokes. Most of them make little to no sense whatsoever. Today T was telling A some, and after she laughed at each one, she would say, "sorry T, not funny."
- When we were at lunch today with our friends, both kids had to go to the bathroom. There was one stand up and one sit down stall in the bathroom. T wanted to go to the sit down one because the other was too tall. I told him that I would lift him up to the urinal so that A could go in the other one since she can't go in the urinal. He said, "yeah because her pee-pee does not go up and down and side to side like my pee-pee does, huh Dad?"


