the first FIVE years

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

IN MY EYE!

Two days ago, I started to have a little bit of a runny nose. I didn't think much of it, it is just that time of year. The next day my right eye was really bothering me. I thought for sure my trusty new pair of contacts were to blame. This morning, my eye was practically glued shut. I was pretty sure that I had somehow contracted pink eye. Where on earth would I have gotten that from? So, this morning I made a doctor's appointment, and called in to work. I went to the doctor and they told me that I definitely had an eye infection, but it was probably not pink eye (especially since my eye was not at all red or pink). They told me they would give me some antibiotic drops for my eyes, and it should eliminate the problem. They also told me to not wear my contacts for about a week. Anyone who knows how much I now love contacts will know how extremely frustrated it made me to hear that! Since I had already spent all the money on the doctor's visit, I figured I would have them check my sniffles for strep throat while I was there(since that is all I ever get sick with). Well apparently a butterfly must have flapped its wings 25,000 miles away, because I have it again! YEAH!!! It has officially been 47 days since I last had it. Seriously, somebody needs to call up Guinness. I bet between having strep throat the most times in one year, or having the most odd experiences I ought to be in their book somewhere. If by some marginal chance I don't make it in those categories, I could at least be listed as the ugliest man alive. The doctor then concluded that the infection in my eye is very likely strep as well. I thought it was weird when a friend told me he has had strep in his knees. I think it is even more weird that I have it in my EYE! What on earth. Too bad all the spiritual, kind, good-looking, rich, single women are not as attracted to me as much as strep throat is. I would not only be healthier, but could be happily married, a better person, and have a nice truck and Corvette. :) Really I should not complain. With all of the many tough circumstances people have to deal with in life, and the terrible illnesses out there, I feel VERY blessed that all I have ever had to deal with is a little strep throat every month or two.

Who is Visiting?